Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Best Friends"


"Best Friends"

SOLANGE KNOWLES is gearing up to release her third album in June this year, and says she's learned a lot about the music business from her superstar sister, Beyoncé.
"I grew up seeing my sister in the studio," she said. "I would go to recording sessions and take notes...But my sister was very protective of me, and we were very sweet with each other. I'm sure if we were closer in age we wouldn't have gotten along so great. But we've been super-close ever since I was about 13."Solange - who has written songs for her sister as well as for Beyoncé's Destiny's Child bandmate Kelly Rowland - says she and Beyoncé are "super-close" and reveals that the new mother consults her for advice on looking after baby Blue Ivy, although the 25-year-old is careful not to be too preachy. Solange has a seven-year-old son, Julez, with ex-husband Daniel Smith.
"I really feel like because I had my son so young, I didn't want everyone's help," she says in this week's ES Magazine. "I think people felt entitled to give advice, so I'm always very sensitive to mums and letting them feel their way out. But there have been times when she'll ask, 'Did Julez do this? Did this ever happen with Julez?' And I'll gladly give her advice. You know my sister and I truly are best friends."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

count