Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 18, 2012

First Lady Present


First Lady Present

JONATHAN SAUNDERS was given the ultimate seal of approval this week, when Samantha Cameron gave one of his printed scarves as a present to Michelle Obama during an official state visit to the US.
"I think it was a lovely gesture and an indication of how supportive Samantha Cameron is of British fashion," Saunders told us this morning. "It's an honour."Saunders, who has previously dressed Sienna Miller and Emma Roberts, is a fan of Obama's personal style - which is punctuated by a love of colour and fitted silhouettes.
"I think it's refreshing that Michelle wears pieces that she clearly likes personally. She is in a position to have what she wants, but seams to always support younger and more independent brands," Saunders said, before adding, "she has the confidence to wear colour so I'd like to see her in some of the red pieces from my new collection."Cameron championed a host of Britain's top design talents during her time spent in the US this week, choosing a mixture of Victoria Beckham, Emilia Wickstead and Roksanda Ilincic. For a star-studded state dinner on Wednesday, the British First Lady opted for a navy dress by Alessandra Rich - an emerging London-based Italian designer, known for her elegant, red-carpet-worthy gowns.
"When I design a dress I never know who is going to wear it or for which occasion," Rich told us. "This event was almost unimaginable for me, but it happened. It is something absolutely magical about my job and that's why I love it. It is difficult to hide my enthusiasm; I'm very happy Samantha Cameron chose a dress from my spring/summer 2012 Vegas collection for such an important occasion. It's a dress that I love, light and precious at the same time, worn by Mrs Cameron with extreme elegance."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

count