Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Girl Power

Girl Power



CHARLOTTE OLYMPIA creative director Charlotte Dellal has explained why she thinks it's important that design houses hire a certain number of women.
"You see more women in jewellery and bags [than in ready-to-wear]," she said. "But most of the people I buy from are women. Women know what women want. I know what it feels like to wear high heels. All these male designers must have a woman behind them, either a muse or just someone who's there. How can a man design for a woman and not have a woman to help him?"
With her debut bridal shoe collection launching in April, a New York store opening next month and having just completed her first pre collection, Dellal is a busy woman - but she still manages to find time for her two children.
"[Sometimes you ask yourself], which do I nurture more? I'm not going to pretend it's easy, but I make it work," she told WWD. "I've got my office next to my house, so sometimes [the kids] come in with me. I'm also lucky enough to have both my mother and mother-in-law here in London."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

count