Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Life Of Beckham


Life Of Beckham

SHE may be part of one of the world's most famous families, but Victoria Beckham is still impressed by other high-profile broods. The designer took her children to visit Justin Bieber's studio for son Cruz's birthday and the teen star sweetly sent the boys signed guitars afterwards - one of which was incorrectly addressed to Pax, the name of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's son.The mother of four says that, on the whole, family life in the Beckham household is like any other - with the children often sleeping in their parents' bedroom.
"They cuddle up like little peas in a pod," she said, "but only on a non-school night."
"Or when Mummy's had a glass of wine," added David.
Despite her busy home life, the designer also recently attracted a new fan in another famous mum - Beyoncé, who wore one of her spring/summer 2012 dresses to a Michelle Obama fundraiser this week.
"I was very excited when I saw it online - I screamed and said, 'David, look!' Beyoncé is absolutely beautiful and has the most phenomenal body," Beckham told US television show Extra. "I'm a huge Beyoncé fan, so it was big for me."As successful as she now is, Beckham said that her label's new looser silhouette reflects a change in own mindset.
"At first, I wanted clothes that people would associate with me," she explained. "I was probably a little bit more self-conscious then - I was afraid to wear things that weren't super-super-tight. In those days, I wore a lot of corsetry. That was a sign of my own insecurities. By season three or four, I started doing a lot more research about things that I didn't like. And I started challenging myself. Now that I feel more confident, creatively I feel more satisfied. It doesn't have to be tight. I love working with volume and draping away from the body."
Another time Beckham felt insecure about her body was at the royal wedding in April last year, when she was pregnant with her daughter, Harper.
"First, obviously, we were very, very excited," she recalled, before adding, "What do you wear to the biggest wedding ever - when you're enormously pregnant?"The designer was last year given the British Fashion Awards' 2011 Best Designer Brand accolade, presented to her by Marc Jacobs. Beckham looked visibly moved during her acceptance speech, thanking her family for all their help.
"When they read my name, I literally felt like my heart was going to jump out of my body," she said, explaining that the honour meant more to her than her numerous Spice Girl musical achievements. "I'm so appreciative of my past. I respect all the girls and really enjoyed what I did then, but this is what I love to do. I didn't plan on getting up in front of the whole British fashion industry and not keeping my cool, but I was overwhelmed; I cried three times."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

count