Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Supermodel Plan



Supermodel Plan



PREGNANT Victoria's Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio may be working too hard to think about the imminent arrival of her new bundle of joy, but someone's all prepared.
"My little girl, Anja, is really excited," she said. "We had a baby shower yesterday and she took the presents from everyone for me and was telling them, 'No, it's my baby.'"
Ambrosio has kept busy since confirming she's expecting: taking to the Victoria's Secret catwalk; designing a collection for Melissa shoes; and appearing in several campaign shoots - most recently for British brand Monsoon."We shot in California, in the desert," she told us. "The collection was really beautiful - and Monsoon always does really lovely campaign images, I've seen them in the store when I've been in London. I loved all the flowy dresses. I already knew I was pregnant when we shot it, so I was like; 'I need this, and this, and this for summer!' When you're pregnant you just want to be comfortable - but I wear more or less the same as I do when I'm not pregnant: pregnancy denim with normal tops and flat shoes. But when the belly starts to really stick out, I'll want the floaty dresses!"Blessed with an "easy" pregnancy - "no nausea, thankfully" - Ambrosio says she approaches her job in much the same way as she does when not pregnant: "It's the same thing, the belly button sticks out a bit more, but it's the same job! I feel the same." And she hopes, as with her first pregnancy, she can be back on the catwalk soon after giving birth."I already have jobs planned for afterwards so hopefully will be back in shape!" she laughed. "I told my booker and my manager; 'I know I have a job to do, so just book the jobs and hopefully it'll be fine.' I only have a few more jobs to do before I have the baby - all editorial, no more catwalk now - and then I hope to be back in London for the opening of the Victoria's Secret store in July. I should definitely be back for the next Victoria's Secret show - I have quite a while until then."Like all the Victoria's Secret Angels - who she reveals are like "family" when all gathered together for shoots and shows - Ambrosio possesses one of the world's most watched and envied bodies, but surely even she must have some flaws?
"My favourite part…" she ponders, "I guess it's my legs. And my least favourite? I once read a quote from Sophia Loren when someone asked her that question, she said; 'Let me worry about that, it's not your problem.' So I might go with that!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

count